IDLESMUSTDIE!!!!!!!!!

Hello! 

First I would like to clarify that the blog title is not a call to arms for the annihilation of Radio 6's favourite Blairites but instead a spin on the title of infamous myspace band "BoNO muSt dIE".

I decided after enough time I'd sit down and start a blog for a number of reasons:

  1. Unless you can fit it on a side of A6, social media just isn't made for writing. Over time, my convoluted rambles have gotten longer and longer to the point that I felt details were being lost down to the limited format.
  2. The populist libertarian right are currently conspiring with the bitter divorcees of Silicon Valley to combat the "woke agenda" which in turn is making the internet a lot less fun for the people the populist right are scared of (minority groups and critical thinkers).
  3. In the near future I am planning to start a bit of a cheeky zine, so making a blog acts as a great first step and gets the ball rolling for other bits of writing.

In this blog I will write about anything that peaks my interest but posts will vary from things that I find cool (and the reasons why) and bigger pieces of analysis/commentary/criticism with a few academic elements thrown in for good fun! I am not a luddite or a retro fetishist but I feel very strongly that the state of our culture is in steep decline and requires action from all creative people to keep it alive. 

I feel this is down to the loss of community and leisure time that has plagued our society since social democracy's surrender to the neoliberal project so throughout my work I will try to provide alternate means of revitalising what has been lost by the death of our future in the hands of capitalism.

This "death of our future" can be seen particularly with the amount of rubbish bands this country's great conservatoires have shat out over the past few years, particularly Bristol's favourite gentrifiers appropriating punk aesthetics for a Brewdog drinking, ironic mullet having, queerbaiting centrist audience that believes the best way to combat racists is by making fun of them for living in council houses and having no GCSEs; hence the title!

My aim is for people to read this blog and become aware of the power everyone possesses and how to grasp it effectively. The internet is the most powerful asset available to us in the modern age so if you can use it well then you can achieve amazing things! It's also very easy to get distracted with everything it has to offer so I hope that by showing it's possible to break free from algorithmic slop and make something cool, others will realise their own potential and feel inspired to follow suit!

PS check out this band and download their ep its fookin mega

https://www.mediafire.com/?nmgnmwk2mnq


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get rid of your smartphone before it gets rid of you...